Sunday 11 September 2011

A distant Osprey at last

There has been - at least one - osprey on the Teifi since the 23rd. August and I have missed it several times. Today - Sunday 11th. September I managed to catch up with it eventually - but at a cost - I missed the second half of Wales' rugby match with South Africa. Half time I received a text from Richard that there was an osprey perched opposite the moorings in St. Dogmaels. After some thought we decided to go to St. Dogmaels. When we got there Richard and Wendy were already there but the osprey was not - it had flown down river some minutes before. Richard decided to go down to the Webley to see if the osprey was down there. I decided to stay put - set up my tripod and waited while Jen sat in the car. The osprey did eventually come up river - on the opposite side to us but at least I managed some distant shots:


Taken with my Canon 500mm lens with 1.4 converter, ISO500 f8 @ 1/1250sec.


Taken with the same kit f8 @ 1/2000sec. - both shots overexposed by one stop to compensate for the back lighting.

When Richard returned he mentioned that in front of the Webley Hotel there was a group of 5 knot and one curlew sandpiper:


Again same kit f8 @ 1/1600sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment